Just wrapped up a 12-team standard mock draft with CBS Sports’ Jamey Eisenberg and some other fantasy savvy people. I had 11th pick and put this team together:
QB: Aaron Rodgers, GB
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX
RB: Ryan Mathews, SD
WR: Miles Austin, DAL
WR: Julio Jones, ATL
Flex: Daniel Thomas, MIA
TE: Vernon Davis, SF
K: Josh Brown, STL
B: Roy Helu, WAS
B: Rashad Jennings, JAX
B: Thomas Jones, KC
B: Lee Evans, BAL
B: Lance Moore, NO
Going into the draft I was planning on going WR with my first two picks, but then MJD fell to me and I couldn’t pass him up. Same thing happened with Rodgers. I didn’t plan on taking him, but I felt early 2nd round was pretty good value considering Vick was taken with the 2nd overall pick. I was hoping to be able to land a guy like Blount or Moreno in the 3rd round but RB’s dried up real fast and I panic-picked Mathews. I don’t really like that pick because I would have much preferred Tolbert a couple rounds later instead. I should have gone back to back WR to grab Austin and DeSean Jackson instead of Austin and Mathews. Other than that I liked the way everything else went. What do you guys think?
Update: Thanks for the feedback guys. Click here to see the results for all 12 teams.
- thesportreport answered:I like your picks, I think Rodgers is a better bet than Vick, and you got some great depth in later rounds.
- prefmcfly answered:Your backs aren’t consistent. Looks like you’d have a lot of trouble there. Julio Jones isn’t proven so he’d be a gamble. Decent for 11th.
- lock-n-key likes this
- thekingwillversion said:I’d take this team esp. In a 12 team league
- zombee answered:very solid draft. I also think your bench is stellar.
- quakernotes likes this
- fantasyfootballers posted this